Description of the job role
We’re looking for a Technical Architect (.NET). It’s a fairly flexible role and you’ll certainly be getting your hands dirty with some coding. We’re also looking for someone who is happy to architect and drive the technical vision for a solution and ensure we are creating “trusted” solutions. That could be at a fairly high level as well as supporting the team all the way through the technical stack (code, database, infrastructure etc).
MMT Digital is one of the fastest growing agencies in the UK. We architect, design and develop bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. We achieve that by hiring awesome people and creating a culture of trust and an environment that allows us all to constantly enhance our skills.
There are lots of ways that we can do that. We work on exciting projects with large national and global clients. We are constantly investing in the best external training. We also have a huge pool of talent within the company so it’s important that we make the most of that. Through “lunch and learns”, “brown bag sessions” and company hackathons (T-shirts included!) we are always trying to find ways to share our knowledge.
Everyone gets to set their own “personal objectives” every quarter so that we can try and move your skills in the direction that you want to take them.
We’re an agile company (but lots of people say that!). Agile is often done really badly. We’re proud of the fact that we do it well. Taking the concepts of being truly lean when developing digital products is not always easy when it’s applied to the development of websites.
We have a bunch of highly skilled and qualified Product Owners, Scrum masters and Certified Scrum Developers along with world class test automation, continuous integration and deployment processes which means we feel that we do it better than most! If you’re new to agile or have a few years’ experience, we’re confident that MMT Digital is a great place to continue on your agile journey.
Finally, it’s important to have fun. Happy people are more motivated and that creates a stronger team. As well as having fun within the teams we invest a lot in social events for the company. There is loads happening all year round. From charity bike rides to go-karting, from the table-tennis league to our weekly 5-aside-football there is something for everyone.
The last couple of years Christmas Parties have been in Lisbon and Copenhagen (partners included!). They were fun!
We’re looking for someone to join us in our beautiful Rutland HQ in Uppingham. We’ve got some smart offices down in London too (Farringdon) so you’ll probably need to pop down there from time to time.
A big list of technical skills!
Here are a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- Commercial experience of architecting and being technical lead on complex projects, providing both technical design and leadership
- Experience of describing architectures diagrammatically either formally or informally, UML or equivalent
- Producing software designs in an agile manner
- Proven ability to define, improve and promote best practices across the business
- 5+ years commercial experience in ASP.NET 2.0 + (using C#)
- Database design, setup and administration
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET WebForms applications
- Experience of delivering ASP.NET MVC 5 applications
- Experience of creating technical / functionality specifications
- Working experience of DVCSs (Mercurial / GIT)
- Detailed knowledge of IIS and FTP setup
- Strong OOP skills
- Dependency Injection
- Unit testing (Nunit / MSTest); Mocking (Moq)
- Create accessible (WAI AA) websites
- SQL, SQL Server (DTS/SSIS, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, performance tuning, DB maintenance plans)
- Entity Framework
- A comprehensive understanding of CMS
- Detailed understanding of Web Services: ASMX / WCF and RESTful (Web API)
- 2+ years experience with Scrum
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Mentoring and coaching other developers on the .NET team
- Improving existing code bases, refactoring and codebase analysis
- Performance Investigation and Improvements Plans
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- UK Driving Licence
Desirable skills (good understanding of)
- Any experience of NoSQL would be a bonus
- Selenium / Web Driver Browser automation testing
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with Kentico CMS
- Other RDBMS (MySQL / Oracle)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon EC2, XSLT, XSD,
- Experience with design packages including Photoshop
- Translating designs to an accessible web format, Image Formats, Movie Formats, Audio Formats
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then visit our careers page to apply.