Description of the job role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Java Developer to help establish our Java Development Team. They will be joining one of the leading digital agencies within the UK and will play a fundamental role in helping the agency continue to grow.
Reporting directly to the Technical Architect, this role is ideal for someone who is looking to join a company with a friendly and sociable office culture whilst also offering clear opportunities for career progression.
All of our staff enjoy the trust and responsibility that we give them and the Senior Java Developer will play a key role in creating our trusted solutions.
This exciting opportunity will allow the successful candidate to contribute to the design, build and implementation of a Java enterprise system within a fast paced, transparent Agile scrum team for a FTSE 100 client.
We are passionate about ensuring each of our employees fulfils their potential which is why we will encourage and finance any job related training the successful candidate wishes to undertake. This role comes with lots of opportunity for growing within the business.
We pride ourselves on the people that we hire. We look for bright, passionate, motivated people who are able to fit in with our relaxed but business minded office environment. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you so please get in touch.
Here is a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- 5+ years enterprise experience of Java / JEE development
- 3+ years commercial experience of leading complex projects
- 2+ years experience of working in an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with SOA architecture and a detailed understanding of Microservices and functional based programming
- Experience of unit testing
- Experience of creating technical / functionality specifications
- Database design, setup and administration experience with Oracle or SQL Server.
- Good people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Confident, friendly, sociable and enthusiastic
- Ability to train others in a clear and concise manner
- Able to react to change rapidly and prioritise
- Proactive and doesn’t require direction
- UK Driving Licence
Desirable skills (good understanding of)
- Experience with the Oracle Fusion Middleware suite of software (WebCenter Sites, Coherence + others)
- Experience mocking and dependency injection in a TDD environment
- Understanding of Docker containers and spring
- Oracle PL/SQL programming experience
- Experience with hosting on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
We’re looking for someone to join us in our beautiful Rutland HQ in Uppingham. We’ve got some smart offices down in London too (Farringdon) so you’ll probably need to pop down there from time to time.
Please note this role will require being available for on-site client work in Newbury, Berkshire.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then visit our careers page to apply.