We are looking for a hard working, personal and professional candidate for the role of Web Developer at WebBox. The position is full time / permanent, with a probation period to check both parties are happy. The role will be varied; therefore the successful candidate needs to be flexible and willing to learn. The main duties of this role include:
- Developing the backend functionality for bespoke websites.
- Database management (mainly MySQL)
- Bug investigation and reporting.
- Development of bespoke functionality
Required skills for this role include:
- Strong experience of PHP/MySQL, especially object-oriented principles.
- Ability to work smart i.e. source control and TDD
- An understanding of the importance of well written code
- A passion for excellence
- A good work ethic
- Able to work within deadlines
- At least 1 years Commercial or Freelance experience
Furthermore, skills which would be of benefit include:
- CSS3 / LESS
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) such as WordPress and OpenCart
- Knowledge of Bootstrap
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Symfony2
- Awareness of SEO Principles
- Server Administration Knowledge
WebBox is looking for a hard working, logical thinker, friendly team member who understands and loves the world of web development. If this is you, we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Finish early on Fridays
- Pension (starting early 2017)
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexitime (start and finish times)
- Fun and exciting work environment
- Help yourself in the WebBox Diner; hot drinks, cans, cereal/milk, toast/spreads, fruit and other goodies!
- Costco Membership
- Happy Birthday! Take the day off, paid!
- Free parking
- Opportunities to attend industry events
- Ability to buy additional holiday
- Monthly Team Meetup (always involves food!)
Please send your CV to Will Roberts: email@example.com