London or Uppingham: on-site client work in Newbury, Berkshire may be required., LeicestershireRutland
Permanent or Contract
We’re looking for a DevOps guru who is up for the challenge of joining an exciting agency who are proud of their technical skills but are looking for someone to grow and lead a team to move our DevOps abilities to the next level. We have some decent continuous delivery processes using a range of technology stacks (Incl. Jenkins, TeamCity). We also want to drive forwards our processes to enable much more automation around the setup and deployment of environments on AWS and Azure, as well as helping us to support and migrate some of our legacy setups.
We’re looking for someone who is smart, a creative problem solver and passionate about creating really slick delivery pipelines!
MMT Digital is one of the leading digital agencies in the UK and Europe. We architect, design and build bespoke websites and digital products that deliver outstanding user experiences. Our impressive list of clients includes Network Rail, comparethemarket.com, BACARDÍ, BBC Active, Martini, Scope, Pearson, Hachette, Eurosport, BDO and Rolls-Royce.
In 2017, MMT Digital was the most awarded agency at the RAR Digital Awards and recognised as Best Software Development Agency for the fourth year running, Best Web Development Agency for the third year running, Best Mobile Agency, Best Web Design Agency and Best Usability Agency.
MMT Digital was also ranked no.4 in The Drum’s Digital Census Elite Agency Top 10 and climbed ten places in Econsultancy’s Top 100 Digital Agencies Report.
We have a great team culture and invest both in our people and improving what we do. We are enthusiastic, passionate, work hard and have fun.
We’re looking for someone to join us in our beautiful Rutland HQ in Uppingham. We’ve also got some smart offices in London so you may need to pop down there from time to time.
Here are a list of things that our perfect candidate would have (ideally!):
- Experience of setting up and monitoring scalable solutions
- 2+ years’ experience in Linux / UNIX administration
- 2+ years’ experience in Windows (IIS) administration
- Experience with managing and monitoring AWS based environments
- Experience with managing and monitoring Azure based environments
- Experience in the setup and configuration of Team City based deployment processes
- Experience in the setup and configuration of CruiseControl.NET, Jenkins and / or other deployment tools
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with automation of process using task runners like Grunt (or an equivalent)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with MS SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too)
- Experience of rolling out updates to production environment stacks with minimal downtime
- Experience of architecting scalable hosting solutions
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience of performance and availability monitoring tools
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent people skills and the ability to interact effectively with other members of the team and clients
- Good communication skills, with an ability to express and understand complex technical concepts
- Ability to train others in a clear and concise manner
- UK Driving Licence
Desirable Skills (good understanding of):
- Working knowledge of agile (particularly Scrum) in order to understand how to implement DevOps work in the context of a lean/agile development environment
If this sounds like a great fit for you, then visit our careers page to apply.