With email’s high return on investment of £38 per £1 spend (source: DMA), it’s not surprising that more and more marketers are using it to achieve their marketing goals and impact the bottom line. Is 60 per cent of total ticket sales a good result? Or selling out of a limited edition product in under three hours? Or perhaps a room revenue increase of 213 per cent? Email marketing experts Adestra are offering marketers the chance to decide for themselves!
Adestra is running its annual Campaign of the Year competition with 12 brands from across different industries going head to head for the ultimate title. It’s a great way of discovering how industry peers are using email marketing successfully, so why not check out their stories?
Take a look at the successful contenders for this year’s title. From activation campaigns to adaptive content, the variety of campaigns nominated is a testament to email marketing’s diversity and dynamism:
- Paying tribute to David Bowie after the star’s death was a must for Reader’s Digest. Their ability to quickly change the newsletter resulted in a spike in engagement, and an 116 per cent increase in clicks.
- Valentine’s Day is an opportunity for many couples to get away and the hotel industry is very competitive. Stoke Park used segmentation and great email design to increase bookings by 300 per cent.
- Starting a data cleanse and setting the base for segmentation is not always easy. Russell Hobbs used an Easter theme and a great incentive to do it.
- When people sign up to support a charity, it’s of key importance for marketers to keep the momentum going. Breast Cancer Care’s welcome email achieved an 81 per cent open rate and fantastic engagement.
- Maintaining customer engagement is a constantly evolving challenge. How do you encourage future purchases shortly after the first one? Evans Cycles predict their post-purchase campaign will bring an additional £27K to the business.
- By using a bold subject line, attractive email design and a special offer, SheerLuxe sold out their 600 limited edition products in under three hours.
- Why is it so important to spring-clean your data, and is it really worth it anyway? Crabtree & Evelyn’s re-engagement email ticks all the boxes: clear, concise, great design and 1,054 email addresses brought back to life.
- Personalisation seems to have proven itself to be the ‘strategy of the year’ in 2017. Meteor’s tailor-made account overview is a great example of advanced personalisation in email.
- To find the 60th and final Londoner to be part of Historic England’s special photography exhibition, email brought them great publicity and engagement. 66 per cent of readers clicked to ‘plan their visit’.
- Sometimes it’s OK to step out of your brand guidelines if it makes sense with what you’re promoting. Wyevale Garden Centres’ special kids Halloween event email stood out through design and helped sell 60 per cent of the tickets.
- Customer experience can make or break the hospitality industry. Reservation Counter’s email reservation reminder is so good, more hotels should take note!
- SpinLife’s timely and concise onboarding campaign promoted catalogue requests and purchases and achieved a fantastic 48 per cent click-to-open rate.
Why not check out the full articles and email examples and vote for your favourite on Adestra’s website? http://www.adestra.com/clients/campaign-year-2016/